Technical information of interest to Contributors.
- Developer’s Glossary
- Source Tree Basics
- The Application Module
- The Source Code in More Depth
- Writing Code for Translation
- Automated Testing
- Dealing with Property Changes
- The FreeCAD developer’s tool set:
- C++ and Python
- Qt: a cross platform development framework
- OpenCascade: a geometry library
- Coin3d: a scenegraph manager based on OpenInventor that handles drawing in the 3d window.
- Pivy: a Python binding for Coin3d
- Contributing to FreeCAD
- The process for submitting changes to FreeCAD is described in the CONTRIBUTING.md file in the root of the source tree.
- Creating a WorkBench
- The PowerUser’s hub in the FreeCAD wiki contains good information about Python scripting and workbench creation
- Accessing User Preferences
- Controlling Object Deletion
- Create a Python Binding for C++ Class
- Checklist for Adding a Feature to a Workbench in C++